Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information
We do not collect personally identifying information unless you voluntarily supply us with personally identifying information. When using the Website, in order to utilize some of the services that may be available, such as registering for or subscribing to the blog newsletter, submitting a comment to a blogpost or other forms or information you provide when you contact us, you may be asked to provide, or may choose to provide, certain personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, address and email address (“Personal Information”). In addition, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information, such as IP host addresses, web pages viewed, browser type, referring pages, usage and browsing habits and similar data, and may aggregate Personal Information in a manner which does not identify any individual (“Aggregate Information”).
By providing Personal Information on the Website, you consent to receive information and updates regarding our services, such as new blog post alerts, announcements and event invitations. We will only use your Personal Information as described herein, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the Personal Information is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
- We may use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access and process your Personal Information, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit.
- We may disclose Personal Information as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose Personal Information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services.
- We may transfer your Personal Information in connection with the sale, merger, reorganization or change of control of Davis & Gilbert or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- We may use and disclose Aggregate Information for any number of reasons.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Information:
We rely on the following legal basis to process your Personal Information:
- It may be necessary for us to use and disclose your Personal Information for the performance and fulfillment of the contract between us and to provide you with our services;
- We may use and disclose your Personal Information where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- If you specifically consent to certain uses of your Personal Information, we may use your Personal Information in a manner consistent with that consent; and
- We will also process, transfer, disclose and preserve Personal Information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit our Website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our Website. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include: your unique Internet protocol address; the name of your Internet service provider; the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our Website; the kind of browser or computer you use; the number of links you click within the Website; the date and time of your visit; the web page from which you arrived to our Website; the pages you viewed on the Website; and certain searches/queries that you conducted via our Website. The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the Website, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user experience.
Our Security Procedures
We restrict access to Personal Information about you to those persons who need such information to provide products or services to you. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulations designed to guard your Personal Information from unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures and due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online.
This Website contains links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Website. These social media platforms collect information pursuant to their own policies. We do not control their practices, so you should read their policies on their sites. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Third Party Links
This Website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and by linking to such websites we are not endorsing their content or practices. We encourage you to be aware when you access any such third-party links and to read the privacy policies of each website that you access.
Your Choices, Rights and the Opt–Out Process
You may opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that there might be a brief delay between when you submit your request to “opt-out” and when it is processed and reflected in our systems; accordingly you may continue to receive communications from us for a limited time after you unsubscribe. To opt-out of the use of Google Analytics, click here.
Subject to local law, you may also have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. If you are located in the European Union with rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), you have the right to withdraw previously provided consent for our processing of your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such individuals also have the following rights:
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation that his or her Personal Information is being process and allows individuals to request details of the processing of his or her Personal Information, including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed and purposes of processing.
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate Personal Information about him or her.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of Personal Information under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgotten – This right is also known as the “right to erasure.” It is an individual’s right to have Personal Information erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Right of data portability – This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer Personal Information from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To exercise any of the following rights, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Cross Border Transfers
If you provide us with Personal Information through the Website, we retain your information for as long as necessary for our business purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, retaining such information to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your Personal Information, we may continue to retain and use Aggregate Information previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.